The Ordering Process/FAQs
The ordering process for custom wheels:
1. Establish contact with me. Please provide:
- Weight/riding style.
- Wheel function (road, triathlon, touring, cross, cross country etc) and whether it needs to be light, strong, aerodynamic, stiff.
- Tyre sizing and gear specifications (internal gears, single speed, Campagnolo or Shimano/Sram gears).
- Price range and any preferred components you may wish to use or any you wish to avoid.
2. I will reply with prices, availability of products, perhaps some suggestions on altering the wheelset and perhaps some questions for clarification on the build. I will also enquire about additional extras – tyres, rim tape, delivery.
3. You can reply with confirmation of the build with any extras you require.
4. I reply with an electronic invoice detailing payment.
5. Upon receipt of payment, non-stocked items will be ordered. An electronic receipt of payment can be provided on request. If items are in stock with the relevant distributor, the wheels should be delivered within two weeks. If all items are already in the DCR inventory delivery should be within one week of payment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do you deliver?
Q: Can I pickup from Stoneham, East Sussex?
A: Yes, however it is a workshop premises and you do so at your own risk.
Q: How long will delivery be if I order a set of wheels?
A: Normally 2 weeks. Less if all items are in the DCR stock. If special order items are out of stock with the distributor an estimate will be given on delivery depending on their delivery schedule.
Q: Do you ship overseas?
A: Yes, although it is often expensive. Prices vary depending on location. Shipping is charged at cost. International shipping starts at £25/pair of wheels.
Q: Do you repair wheels?
A: Yes, a range of repair services are available, see Repairs for full details.
Q: Can you repair carbon fibre rims?
A: It is possible to repair carbon fibre, but it is not a service that I currently offer. I could rebuild a repaired carbon fibre wheel.
Q: If a product is not listed on your site, can I still buy it?
A: The site represents information on some of the more popular items that I build with. I can build with many additional items and new products are launched regularly.
Q: Do you accept credit card?
A: There are various payment options available. Credit and debit card payments can be made but are subject to a 5% merchant services surcharge.
Q: Do your prices include VAT?
A: All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
Q: Can I buy individual parts from you?
A: Yes. Delivery on parts is £5. Delivery on rims is £6
Q: Do you offer wholesale services?
A: There are no discounts available on labour for complete wheelsets. Discounts are often available on large volumes of components.
Q: Can I supply parts for you to build with?
A: Where possible I prefer to source parts for the wheels I build. I have a competitive pricing policy and price match wherever possible. Certain products are inaccessible through trade accounts and are sold as retail only products. You can supply these to me if you wish. Labour only services are also available if you have all the relevant parts.
Q: Can I supply used parts?
A: If you have a hub that is in good condition, I will happily rebuild a wheel onto it. Rims are less likely to be in good condition so re-using them is rare. Spokes come in 1 or 2mm increments, so second hand spokes are unlikely to be reusable. Spokes also fatigue over time so their re-use is generally not recommended, especially if some spokes have already broken.
Q: How long will these wheels last?
A: It really depends on the wheels, the rider, the use and the conditions they are ridden in. However assuming the wheels are used appropriately and any required maintenance is undertaken punctually, all my wheels should run for at least 10,000 miles. Many will last considerably longer than that and if rim and spoke replacements are undertaken, a number of hubs will continue almost indefinitely.
Q: Do you warranty builds?
A: Yes. If a rim or hub fails, the warranty for it is covered by the relevant manufacturer, its replacement will not incur any labour charge. If spokes fail or the wheel goes significantly out of true, spokes can be replaced free of charge and free retrues are available for one year. There is no guarantee on free repairs or replacement spokes beyond this point. However, I have to date never charged for repairing wheels that I have built. If you have any problems, contact me and I will almost certainly repair them free of charge. The warranty does not cover misuse of the wheelset.
Q: If I send you an email, how long before you respond?
A: I try to respond to all emails within 24 hours. However during peak season, the volume of emails I receive can be high, so this time frame may be extended.