NovaTec EDH2, 36h – £25
An economical alternative for dynamo lighting. Still offering the standar 6V 3W setup.
Schmidt and Son range
Son 20 – £135
Son 20 disc – £159
Son 28 Klassik – £160
Son 20R – £164
Son 20R disc – £180
Son Delux – £180
Son 28 – £164
Son 28 6 bolt disc – £210.
Prices may vary with colour options.
Schmidt dynamo hubs are arguably the best available to purchase today. Certainly if what you are looking for is longevity, they are tough to beat. They are generally rated at 40,000km between service intervals. The sealing on them is superb and the modern versions are competitive when it comes to weight and drag.
Schmidt lights can also be offered.
Shimano Dynamo hub DH-3N30, front, silver, 36h, £35
- Made in Malaysia
- Excellent quality and durable 6 volt 3 watt dynamo front hub with low rolling resistance and easy to use quick release
- Provides bright illumination for safer night riding without the need and expense of replacing batteries
- For use with rim brakes
- Features contact seals to prevent the ingress of corrosion-causing water and muck without affecting rotational smoothness increasing service life
- High quality bearing races reduce friction and provide a more precise bearing action
- Push-in wiring harnesses make installation fast and easy
- Complete with skewer
- Forged aluminium hub shell
Shutter Precision range
The shutter precision range has arrived DCR Wheels. Some stock has come through. The following is now available:
PV8 – silver or black, 32h
PD8 – silver, 32h
All £90 each.
More is being released soon, so if there is anything by SP you want, do ask. You can find out more at