DT Swiss XR425
- High performance cross-country rim designed to DT Swiss’ exacting specifications
- SBWT (Strength Boost Welding Technology) creates a perfectly welded join for a durable, reliable rim
- Machined sidewalls for powerful braking on a consistent sidewall surface
- Wear indicators show the extent of sidewall wear
- Perfectly aligned stainless steel spoke eyelets distribute stress evenly, allowing for 4% higher spoke tensions than conventional rims
- Higher torsional rigidity due to optimised rim profile
- Unique process for the black coating produces a tough and durable finish
- Total integration of all wheel components is now possible for the first time; hubs, spokes and rims from one manufacturer
- Presta drilling
- Weight: 425 grams
This rim is essentially the non-disc specific version of the XR400. The extra 25g is needed for the machined sidewall. If you are not going to run rim brakes at any point, you should go with the XR400. However, if you are looking to run rim brakes or simply want the option to do so, this is a good choice of rim.
Being DT Swiss it comes with a nice welded joint, for balance, strength and stiffness. Welded joints also save weight. The eyelets are good with alloy nipples. It is also an advantage that this rim can be taken to full tensions, helping to build strong, stiff and stable wheels.